Saturday 31 December 2011

Family + Personal goals for 2012

{Image source}

I am not usually one for New Year’s resolutions but as this year has drawn to an end I have noticed the popularity of bloggers and friends on Facebook setting “goals” for 2012. This stuff appeals to me. I feel like I need to put a bit more thought into next year, be more focused and zone in on areas of my life that are crying out for a little attention. So here they are, my goals for 2012:


Family goals

• To guide our children with gentle and loving discipline. Make our relationship the priority over behaviour. Choose my words thoughtfully and constantly reflect and improve on the connection I am making with Finn and Harper.
• Commit to an in -house date night with Lachie. This evening will be a computer free zone.
• Find and maintain a regular organised activity outside of our home for Harper.


Personal goals

• Devote one afternoon per week to an exercise activity that is mine and mine alone.
• Connect more with family and friends outside of the internet.
• Complete project ‘Documenting Delight’, capturing an image of our family each day for the entire year of 2012. See the richness in my life, the joy, the laughter and record it. Make the effort to journal alongside each photograph. Use this project as a way to expand my photography skills, push myself and commit to learning new skills and concepts. I am this family’s record-keeper and this year I will do that job justice.

So I think these are manageable. I am going to give them my all and hope that when the New Year rolls by in Dec 2012 I am reflecting on a happy and productive year.

2 comments:

  1. I think you do such a fantastic job being your families record-keeper, you have captured so many amazing moments over the last 2 years and I know the 366 project next year will only add to that. You're an inspiration Amber, can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andi for your beautiful comment (and my first blog comment - oh yay!)
    Being the record-keeper is a big role to fill, a bit overwhelming at times but I know that it comes with many rewards too. Can't wait to see what you do with Project 366 this year too : )

    ReplyDelete