Saturday 16 February 2013

7/52

A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013
{inspired by Jodi}
 



{Harper} She suggests making cookies and cakes just to lick the beaters.
{Finn} A visit to Cockington Green. Finn was fascinated by the miniature buildings and moving trains.

The B-sides (because two photos seems a little minimalist for me…)
{Finn's favourite section at Cockington Green. A street with a garbage truck. We came back to this spot at least five times}
{a treat to end Mummy and Finn time.}
{An eagerly anticipated parcel was left on our doorstep earlier this week. Inside, a book fetauring photos from last year's Documenting Delight project. It is great to have the slideshow but nothing beats having your photos in print. This book is my gift to Finn and Harper.}
{the first person I wanted to share the book with}
{playing co-operatively, speaking pleasently towards each other and being kind. watching this little play scene evolve was the highlight of my week}
{....it was short lived. Harper's "That's mine" face/scream}
{"Eli these are my new shoes. Look they have butterflies on them!"}
{imaginary binoculars on, ready to spot Daddy riding home from work}
{"Stop Finny!"}
{On our way to the movies with her dear friend Lily (yes another movie. there's a Disney Princesss film festival on at our local cinema. I'm totally indulging her inner princess), I needed to scope out a location for a photoshoot for a friend. I wanted to take a few test shots to see if this park would work. Never the one to go along with any posed shots, Harper was on to me. Look at the disinterest on her face. gah! }
{not just a movie but Kate and I took the girls out for lunch too. So decadent!}
 

10 comments:

  1. Ripper week Amber, totally worth it to post more then just the two. Cockington Green was the highlight of Indigo's recent trip to Canberra, such a fun place to go. Your book looks awesome, love that cover shot so much and having a photo of your husband looking through it is beautiful, it is a really lovely thing for your family to have. Harper's beater licking portrait is my fav of the week though, it says so much about childhood, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers Amber! Soooo many great pictures this week, I just don't know where to start.
    Maybe at the top? :)
    OK, the perspective of the picture of Finn with the miniature garbage truck is so cool. He looks like a giant! My face lit up and I had a little pang of jealousy when I saw the picture of your book. I WANT ONE! Sadly, I'm too time and money poor for it just now (or maybe ever). Then I saw your husband's face as he was looking through the book and well, I'll admit it, I got a little teary. That is just beautiful. What a wonderful thing you have done for your family! Next, as if the picture of Harper showing an attentive Eli her shoes wasn't cute enough, you follow it with the cutest ever 'bino' picture. Harper's little face! Really?? :) And of course those pretty little princesses were just divine to finish off. Great week Amber. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMBER! it is very hard when you post so many amazing photos bc i want to comment on every single one!!! apologies in advance for the long comment, haha! ok, im sooo excited to see your book and want to see it IRL! the cover is stunning and perfect. the photo of lachie looking through it is just so touching... the smile on his face says it all. finn water shot - incredible. i CRACKED up at the shot of finn and harper. its the perect toddler shot, they look so intent and involved in showing off their shoes!!! love love love it. the sibling sharing (and then not so sharing) are just adorable. and of course... love the shots from our outing. what a great time it was!! let's do it again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great photos this week, Amber! Love the picture that you chose for your book cover, and it's so special that you captured a shot of your husband looking through it. Okay the polka-dotted umbrella is adorable - I want one! And the picture of Finn and Harper with their binoculars makes me smile so big. I love it! You've had such a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky are you guys to have a local cinema play Disney Princess Films. I love that series of Lily and Harper. Also absolutely love the cover shot of your book. I really really have to get on to doing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing week of photographs. Wonderful (I am too tired to write a proper comment but I really really wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed these).

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all awesome, Amber! Cockington Green looks so cool, Milo would freak over the train and garbage truck. Your photo book looks gorgeous! I love that you captured your dh looking through it, his expression is so sweet. I think my favorite photo is the one with the imaginary binoculars- super cute. You did an amazing job capturing your week, it looks like such a fun week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Amber, I love seeing what you guys have been up to every week. I can't tell you how grateful I am that you kept up this project :)
    So many great photos but I love that last one of Harper, it really made me stop and stare and she looks so grown up <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You captured so much raw emotion this week! Love both of the portraits - Harper's radiates sweetness, and Finn looks so darn cool (not to mention grown-up) with his shades on his head like that. The b/w photo of Finn is so gorgeous!! ...as is that last photo of Harper. Well done, Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, lily and harper look adorable! how sweet that they are such good friends <3

    ReplyDelete