Tuesday 22 May 2012

Documenting Delight: day one hundred and forty three {how you fell asleep}


Finn, each night after your Dad reads you a small collection of books we leave the light on for you so you can read alone before you fall asleep.  From outside your door I hear you flicking the pages, reading out loud and sometimes you even sing a tune or giggle when spot a funny illustration.  Then there is silence and know you are asleep.

Most nights when I come in to turn off your light and give you a final kiss goodnight, I find you with piles of books scattered around your head.  Tonight I found you just like this. So engrossed in your book, but also incredibly tired you must have pushed through your tiredness until your hands could no long hold the book up in front of your face.  When I spotted you like this I laughed, then called your Dad in, then of coarse I grabbed my camera.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous photo! He must have been so tired and the book must have been so good! I know how he feels. Most nights I fall asleep reading and then get woken up by the book hitting my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!!!!!!!!
    hilarious! great snap Ambz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SOOOOO funny - what a classic and hilarious moment to have captured!!!!! just love it!

    ReplyDelete