Friday 10 August 2012

Documenting Delight: day two hundred and twenty three {cereal box marble run}



This morning Finn and I created a new toy out of an empty cereal box. A Pinterest find of coarse. The idea came from a fantastic website called made by joel. Most of his handmade toy creations are a little beyond my creative capabilities but when I found this one I knew it was achievable and would rock Finn’s world. And it did. It didn’t take us long to put it together and after a few trial runs Finn came back with his thoughts:

Mummy, I think we need to do something to stabilise it.


Yes, he really talks like this.  

So we made some amendments and ended up with a toy that generated hours of fun for the rest of the day. It's always the simple things isn’t it?
{marble collection from lachie's childhood. i love that his mum held onto some of his toys and passed them onto our kids}

9 comments:

  1. Yep, always the simple things! What a fun idea. I love Made By Joel- such awesome stuff he makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan.tas.tic. I'm so going to do that on school holidays! Thanks for the tip. Glad Finn enjoyed it so much too. Don't you feel like mother of the year when you find a winner??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, hee not sure about mother of the year, but it did feel good to do something so simple that generated lots of interest and fun for my little guy :)
      Hope you have fun making your own!

      Delete
  3. Oh how cool! very creative indeed. I love the one of Finn looking up at the marble. Great that it occupied him for ages. Doesn't it blow your mind when they talk like adults. My little 4 year old was like that at around 2 and 1/2 also and now he could talk under wet cement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love Made by Joel too! So many great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVED these when I was little! And when I was slightly bigger! And I am sure I will love them as a mumma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea! And awesome mama for making it happen and making memories with your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh what a great idea and gorgeous little project together - i bet finn just adored this quiet time w you and yes i can imagine this keeping him happpy and busy all day! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is an awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete