Thursday 9 August 2012

Documenting Delight: day two hundred and twenty two {winter days + a glimpse of spring}


Two winter months down, one to go. When it comes to weather, I like my days warm but not too hot. Obviously I’m not in the best location, right? While I do my fair sharing of whinging and moaning about the minus temperatures that Canberra dishes out there are pluses. The mornings may be bitterly cold but if the sun is out the days can be glorious. Crisp but still glorious. Then, there is the also the perfect excuse for me to buy cute hats for Harper.

Last Winter I stumbled across Dover & Madden’s Etsy store and purchased my first hat (I mean Harper’s first hat) by the talented Vicki. Even though her gorgeous Dottie hat still managed to fit her again this year I knew I couldn’t let the winter months pass without snapping up another Dover & Madden hat. This year I went with the CASH hat; red and navy, earflaps, a big knitted flower and a sweet hedgehog fabric button. Perfection on top of my sweet girl’s head (or “noggin” as Harper would say).
{a little hint that spring isn't too far away: flowers on our apricot tree}

6 comments:

  1. the girl is rockin' that beanie in her signature colours!! love it... and yes even though it may be snowing tonight, i am convincing myself winter is already pretty much over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mega cool hat! Looks so warm too. I'm quite liking the winter, rugging up, not worrying about sunscreen and hats or if it's too hot to go to the park. Though I guess it's not a real winter when compared to Canberra. It was pretty warm here this afternoon.
    I love your flower photo too, so spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those knitted hats... looking forward to buy some when winter comes... but now... we have an incredibly hot August here in Austria, Hooray!
    The face in the first picture is adorable... such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harper is such a beauty! I love her hat, I was always sad that Maddie stopped letting me pick her clothing so soon- she hasn't let me since she was about 4. The colors in the apricot tree photo are gorgeous, beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL. Love that hat!!! Harper is just too cute! Spring is always super glorious in Canberra, I will be jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous hat, love the first photo and those pretty eyes! My baby girl headed down to Canberra today for a couple of days, I hope the weather is kind to her ;)

    ReplyDelete