Thursday 23 August 2012

Documenting Delight: day two hundred and thirty six {bead towers: fine motor activity}


This is simple fine motor skills activity I adapted from the Sugar and Spice blog. My inspiration point used Cheerios to slide onto a dried spaghetti noodle and while I thought this was clever, I knew that if I placed those tasty treats on the craft table they weren’t going to be involved in any fine motor task (cue fist fulls of Cheerios being shoved into Finn and Harper’s mouths). So colourful little plastic beads it was.

Harper placed about eight beads on her spaghetti tower before deciding that it was much more fun to break the dried spaghetti into teeny tiny bits and scatter them on the floor. Finn, predictably, applied his zen-like concentration to the activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment