Saturday 15 June 2013

24/52

 

{Harper} Party girl, at her cousins first birthday. She seems to have inherited her Daddy's family's love for dressing up.

{Finn} Homemade camera.

Finn: "Mummy, what is a person who takes photos of people called?"
Me: "A portraiture photographer"
Finn: "What about when they take photos of animals?"
Me: "That would be a wildlife photographer"

Finn" What's a photographer who takes pictures of cars?"
Me: "Um, maybe a commercial photographer?"
Finn: "What does that mean?"
Me: "Well you would take photos to become advertisements in magazines and newspapers and the companies would pay you money to do so."
Finn: "I want to be one of those then."

The B-sides (because two photos seems a little minimalist for me…)
{in the jumping castle you go}
{*after jumping on the jumping castle, runs over to me, a complete sweaty, red mess*
Me: "Finn, you look a little hot. Can I take your jumper off?"
Finn: "Nah, I am ok Mum. I'll just have this cupcake. It'll give me energy to jump on the castle again."}
{a day with no plans, so a bus trip to the city was decided upon. They were so excited you would have thought we were taking a plane trip to a foreign country. They soak up the simple pleasures, and I love it.}
{Canberra is blessed with an assortment of wonderful and weird sculptures. Once we reached the city we visited each sculpture. The kids were captivated by this new addition, although slightly disappointed that they weren't able to sit on her/climb on her like the rest of the sculptures}
{anything can become a slide}
{riding the greyhound sculptures}
{golf ball painting at playschool}
{rockin' her extraordinary brow}

6 comments:

  1. Your children always look like they have so much fun together, Amber. They are good buddies for each other! I love the shot of them waiting with such excitement and anticipation on the bench, and enjoying the "slide" together. What a fun statue! I would love to see more (hint, hint!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first of the B-sides had me intrigued a while before realising it's a reflection behind Finn! love seeing you crouched down there :) the bus outing shots are just adorable and I am determined to make our own little bus adventure happen soon - we are thinking for Eli's birthday as he would looooove that! gorgeous day and the bus stop pic is just PERFECT - so cute and cosy and soooooo exemplifying a chilly canberra day! what fun for the kiddos, love the little experiences you make for them like that! and the beanie shots of finn are just so stunning!!! and H's expressions as always are solid gold! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree the shot of the two of them waiting for the bus is priceless. I love that you can see such a long view down the road so your really get a sense of an impending journey. And they clearly had so much fun when they got there. I also think their hats look fantastic. I love how you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Harper is hilariously good. What an amazing smile - she is such a heartwarming little girl. Finn is delightful, as always, all elfen good looks and concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so cozy there! Isn't everything more fun when we get to experience it all through their eyes?! Everything is new again, that's one of my favorite things about being with little ones. Like Kate, I found the first B side photo very intriguing- cool shot!

    I'm a little envious that you've been so consistent with your shots each week and will have a nice collection of your beautiful two at the end of the year. I have so few photos of my kids this year, and they change so quickly. Your kids will be so thankful you kept all of these memories recorded when they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know I will always envy the striking photographs you take of your kids Nicole :) Compared to most I think you will find you have a great mix of photos of your children (plus think of all the wonderful photos you took last year too! - that's gotta count for something :) )

      Delete