Sunday 2 September 2012

Documenting Delight: day two hundred and forty six {father's day}

{bear hug, with bonus roaring}

A day to shine a little extra love and appreciation on Lachie. Morning cuddles, presents and handmade cards and pictures, a family outing to the Grower’s Markets (Usually my time to get a little sleep in on Sundays. Felt it may be stretching the friendship to clock up a morning off on Father’s Day though. Also certain the store owners thought Lachie was single dad until they saw me this morning.), lunch at a local café and golden syrup puddings for dessert.                                                                     

There are so many adjectives I could rattle off to describe what a superb father Lachie is. It’s a huge list. When I look at the photos I captured today the overriding feeling I get is that I am so grateful that Finn and Harper have this wonderful man as their Dad. To have him as their guide, as a role model, as a figure to love, have fun with, turn to, listen to and talk to, gosh they are blessed. I love you LK and your kids love you. Happy Father’s Day. x

3 comments:

  1. oh what a gorgeous fathers day, beautiful shots all together (that first one!! so joyful!!) and lovely words! he is a great dad indeed and your whole family is blessed and ever so good at enjoying these special times celebrating together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely Ambz!
    Such heartfelt and warming words, and stunning photos as usual! Looks like you all had a wonderful day with a wonderful Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these lovely happy shots of the kids with Dad! The intertwined fingers in the last shot - heartmelting. I loled at the comment about the store owners thinking Lachie was a single Dad, Mama's deserve a Sunday sleep in I reckon!

    ReplyDelete