Friday 3 February 2012

Documenting Delight: Day thirty four



Indoor attractions/playcentres, I bow down to you on rainy Canberra days. Today our choice was Questacon, an interactive Science Museum located in the City. We bought an annual membership to this gem of a place last year and it has been worth every cent.

While Harper roams and randomly presses all the buttons within the exhibitions just for a bit of fun, Finn is at the age where he is taking it all in and thinking about science behind the hands on tasks. His Dad is a scientist and I can already see that Finn has acquired his logical and ordered brain.

Within the foyer of Questacon is a machine called the “Gravitram”. Finn is captivated by this moving sculpture. I am certain that I could allow Finn to sit in front of it for a good hour and then say "Ok mate, we're heading home" and he wouldn't be fazed that we hadn't actually stepped inside of any exhibition rooms.

Watching the excitement and wonder in Finn's eyes was beautiful to see, and a pleasure to photograph.

7 comments:

  1. I love it. The photos, the caption, the whole thing.
    He looks so very intent!
    Sooo... How old do you have to be before you can have your own chemistry set? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is FASCINATED! Lovely capture Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous Amber!! he is a scientist already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture, you capture his concentration so well. I bet he would stay there all day if he could (ps jealous you have an awesome science centre...my girls would love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh.

    I DREAM of taking my kids to Questacon - I spent my first five years in Canberra and it is filled with the fondest memories of Questacon ;)

    So jealous you guys get to go there often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and photos! And your children's names. :) They are beautiful kiddos!

    ReplyDelete