Wednesday 18 April 2012

Documenting Delight: day one hundred and nine



Today the kids and I left Canberra for a mini holiday at my Mum’s place on the Central Coast. As I was packing for our trip, folding shorts and t-shirts and looking forward to the warmer weather, I couldn’t have imagined the weather that we about to travel through. One hour out of Canberra, sprinkles of rain turned into a down pour and for the remaining three and a half hours it rained constantly. It was the type of rain that was so heavy that it was equally dangerous to keep driving as it was to chance a safe pull over on the freeway and wait it out. I pushed on and was thankful to the cars in front of me, whose taillights I followed for most of the trip (yep, it was that bad).
Today was my Pop’s birthday and when we arrived safely on the Central Coast we headed to the local club where our family were celebrating. Ever the social butterfly, Harper moved from family member to family member, batting her long eyelashes and chatting away. When the birthday cake emerged she was quick to work out positioning herself next to the Birthday boy was the place to be. Clever girl. This shot is hugely out of focus, but that's ok, because it shows a special great granddaughter and grandfather moment that I am happy I captured. My Pop lights up when he is around his great grandchildren, he is affectionate with them and sits and marvels at what they do and say. It is a delight to witness.


3 comments:

  1. perfect moment captured - she is a clever cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look how attentive your pop is to what Harper is doing, that is certainly a very special moment captured Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photo!! what a stunning moment xx

    ReplyDelete