Sunday 22 April 2012

Documenting Delight: day one hundred and thirteen {home}


Now we are home. Five days away from Lachie was hard. I missed him and the kids missed him. I even caught Harper getting a bit teary on the phone one night when we made our nightly phone calls home. I appreciated the chance to have a holiday, to spend some much needed time with my extended family, to have a break from regular routines, and a five day stretch of not being responsible for cooking and cleaning in my own home, well that was sweet too. But all of these things were without Lachie and being on a holiday without him did feel quite strange.

I think he missed me too. When I returned I discovered that he placed the electric blanket from the linen cupboard on our bed (a job I was meaning to get around too). It must be love. That...... or he was incredibly bored.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha love it. thats real love putting an electric blankie on though!
    great photo, five days - thats tough! glad you had some time away xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographs are simply stunning! And what a fantastic moment to have captured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an angelic moment to have captured, just beautiful!!! as for the electric blanket - i think it was LOVE and the fact he was probably freezing without you!!! one person in the bed gets awfully chilly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby travels a lot and I always struggle a bit while he's away. I'm heading up to my mum for a week to break up our latest 3 weeks apart. Family time makes it all better! I love this photo - such a precious moment you've captured!

    ReplyDelete