Saturday 24 November 2012

Documenting Delight: day three hundred and thirty {hairdressing in the suburbs}


It’s Harper’s birthday next week and today she received some early birthday presents from her family. Harper was excited to open her first birthday present in the lead up to her birthday and I have to hand it to her, she quickly sensed that Finn was struggling a little with the present influx heading towards her and instantly included him in the present opening and shared her toys with him. Harper, like most toddlers, doesn’t find it easy to share but today you couldn’t fault her generosity towards her brother. Finn was particularly drawn to the hairdressing kit from their Nana. I’m not sure where he drew all his experience from but he was one focused and creative hairdresser today.

“So what can I do with your hair today?”
                              
“Would you like a colour ?”

                                                                                                                                                                               

“Just close your eyes while I spray your hair”

He obviously knows more about hair than I thought.






5 comments:

  1. oh AMBER! ok firstly, what a darling Harper was to so generously share her birthday gifts unprompted! sweet girl!! secondly, absolutely cracking up at finn's comments - “So what can I do with your hair today?” ?!?! And the colour? Lily would have no idea about that stuff! Lol, he is just hilarious!! wonder where he picked up his know-how, heehee.
    Lastly - the sillouettes are just magnificent - truly!! well done - no idea how you got them but WOW they are just so stunning! cant pick a fave, love em all - well done! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have no idea where all the hairdressing lingo came from. Maybe those little 'Playschool' real lfe videos? I know there is a hairdressing one the kids have seen. He really does put his all into role play ;)

      The sillouettes - I have been reading up about them online and this was my second attempt (I don't think I published my first attempt....for a good reason ;) ) I still need to practise more but I am thankful that the Central Coast offered a beautiful sunset for me to work with :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Amber, gorgeous photos. I love the expression of Daddy's face while Finn is doing his hair. You have captured some perfectly wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Harper. Good girl!
    I love your reluctant client. His expressions are priceless and his hair is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Finn's silhouette, it's fantastic! You've inspired me to capture a few as soon as I get my camera back/buy a new one!

    ReplyDelete