Saturday 7 January 2012

Documenting Delight: Day seven



Finn,
 Your baby sister came into your life when you were still a baby yourself. You addressed this change to our family with neither the standard “new baby in the family”  aggression nor affection. I really don’t think you noticed her until she started crawling. Since then you have been learning to love Harper. It has been hard for you sometimes mate, I understand that. Harper is so different to you. When you’re a toddler it’s difficult to see that our differences make us special. I get that. You like order, Harper prefers creative chaos. You like to play by yourself, Harper likes to be part of a group. You like to be clean and tidy, Harper likes to be covered in dirt. She may not always do things the way you prefer but I know you love her. I see it and sometimes I am even lucky enough to capture these little moments of love. Harper is so lucky to have you as her big brother and I think you know that she loves you.


Today's outtakes that I just couldn't part with.

7 comments:

  1. Oh My!! How beautiful they are together! They are gorgeous, as well as the mama taking the snaps! Stunning. Just stunning. Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tearing up. You write so beautifully and these photos are so special! They definitely do look like they're close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    Particularly love the one where they're both smiling at the camera, they look like twins! And that first one, hehehe, so lovely! Sibling love - doesn't it make your heart just burst when you see them together like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What scrumptious kids! I love the look on Harpers face as Finn shows her his ouchiewawa:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone!
    Andi - yes, I get asked if they are twins when we are out and about. It makes me laugh :)
    20 months age gap will do that I guess ;)
    Megan - I know! I love how concerned she looks. Finn loves telling her about his injuries :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going through all your photos and little stories - you take absolutely beautiful photos. Love your writing as well. Again our 2 bubbas are very similar.... 22 months age difference and up until the crawling at 6 months the older one was not phased at all about the arrival of his little brother... well but then it started getting challenging at times... But the love they have for each other is huge :-)

    Will now subscribe to your blog not to miss anything.(I actually remembered seeing the egg shot on the first day and it stuck in my mind!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sybille for your lovely comment. I really enjoy writing/reflecting on the photos, much more than I thought I would :)
      Wow, our two are close in ages then! Seeing that love get bigger as the months go on is so heartwarming isn't it?
      Thanks again for the comment and for following :)

      Delete