Tuesday 31 January 2012

Documenting Delight: Day thirty one



The little sweet smile and knowing eyes . It usually means you are thinking up your next question, or as it usually is, a set of questions. Your Dad and I often joke that you don’t actually talk much, as in any sort of conversation, more that your dialogue with us is a thoughtful question and then many, many follow up questions. You press on until you have been given sufficient answers.

“Mum, why do firefighters wear  jackets? “
“Well that’s to protect them in case they get near a fire”
“What happens if they don’t wear one?”
“They may get burnt and that would hurt a lot”
“Where do they keep their jackets when they’re not fighting fires?”
“At the fire station”
“What is the jacket made out of?” .......And so it goes until I distract you “Hey look Finn! A concrete mixer!” or you get frustrated with my answers, “Can you ask the computer Mum?”


Your interest in your world is always growing. It’s as if you wake up each morning and set yourself a quota of how many topics you will dissect within the day. I do love watching the look you give when you are composing your next question. I can tell that your brain is going crazy trying to decide which angle you will take on your current topic. It does hurt my brain as we head towards the close of each day and my mouth is constantly dry from talking but please don’t stop asking questions, learning and figuring things out Finn. It can only be a good skill to hold onto as you move through your years.

7 comments:

  1. He is amazing! I love that he sees the world through such curious eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way with words. He is such a gorgeous little fella - and so smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan for your comment. Writing isn't really my thing but I am giving it a shot with this project :)

      Delete
  3. I love it....can you ask the computer mum! Gee that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Lily asked a lot of questions until I came under a barrage of questioning from Mr Finn!!! He does not.let.go does he?? love his curiousity and you do great answering him for as long as you do!! A curious mind is a wonderful thing - he will go places :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it Kate - yes he.does.not.let.go! Perfect summary! I do try really hard to keep up but I sometimes feel a little out of my depth!

      Delete
  5. He occasionally just taps on the laptop as if to say "I think you will find the answer here". Funny and clever ;)

    ReplyDelete