Tuesday 24 January 2012

Documenting Delight: Day twenty four



We’ve had a big fortnight of back to back playdates. It has been wonderful to reconnect with my Mummy friends and Finn and Harper’s little buddies after the Christmas period. This morning though no catch-ups were locked in so we were free to do what we wanted. On these days I don’t like to plan out what we will do, more let the day unfold. Kids are calm and playing co-operatively? We stay on the homefront. Things getting a little tense and wild? We pile into the car or go for walk.

This morning things in the playroom were getting a bit heated so we headed out. I had an errand to run in town but I thought I would buffer this boring task with milkshakes and a trip to the park.
Now I am a thrifty mum and usually make Finn and Harper share a milkshake on outings. I guess I take sharing to the extreme sometimes and today I got a little relaxed on the whole issue. This morning Finn was gobsmacked when the waitress bought out two milkshakes!  Finn had chocolate. Harper had strawberry. After a few sips Finn called out “Swapsies!”  and they switched glasses. My heart almost burst. I love that they have these moments together that are completely independent of me. No refereeing, no encouraging on my front, just my two kids being siblings and friends.

I also love that when Harper is enjoying something she is eating or drinking she almost always closes her eyes.

13 comments:

  1. awww how precious! i LOVE this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how pastel and pretty this shot is... The l=milkshake ties in with her sweet little shirt.
    Well done for capturing such a cute moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela :)
      Harper did co-ordinate well with her milkshake choice ;)

      Delete
  3. Now that is what I call savouring the moment <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh what a precious photo, you can see she is just LOVING that milkshake! way to go on lashing out on 2 milkshakes ;) the sweetthing is they really appreciated it cos it doensn't happen all the time - love that. Finn's sharing gesture was so heart melting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a precious moment. Her closed eyes are adorable <3
    Can't wait to have siblings in the house to referee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute! Milkshakes are very exciting when u get a whole one to yourself.. especially at that age! What a great surprise for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so adorable! I LOVE how they swapsies-d the milk shakes! I adore milk shakes still.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your beautiful comments. It really does motivate me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful moment!

    I look forward to the day when Eva has a sibling and is able to create such special moments like that.

    ReplyDelete