Friday 27 January 2012

Documenting Delight: Day twenty seven



Lachie made the sensational decision to take today off, making himself a tidy little four day weekend. When moments got tough at home over the past fortnight my mantra was “Four day weekend coming up. Four day weekend coming up.” I love weekends even more now that I am a stay at home mum. Much more.

A little side note: My dear friend Kate shared with me this wonderful article. I have been thinking about it a lot and feel that it really does sum up my thoughts on motherhood/being a stay at home mum. Within any day I can experience dreaded lows (Finn and Harper fighting over toys, tantrums- oh boy the tantrums, messy toileting accidents etc, etc), but then out of nowhere there are these shining light moments. Moments that stop me in my tracks, make me smile and remind me how lucky I am to be a mother to these two beautiful little people. I have never found being at home full time with the kids easy; sometimes it can be manageable and other times I certainly struggle. But I always want to be here. Like the article points out, I don’t seize every day but I sure do cherish the little moments that make me happy and thankful that I am a mother.

So, it’s on these weekends that the pressure is taken down a notch, the highs and lows even out a little, a time where we can have fun as a family and give each other a bit of time out here and there. If you read this blog regularly you are going to hear me talk again and again about how supportive Lachie is and what an amazing father he is. It just has to be said, over and over. He has been a hands on Dad from day one and Finn and Harper just adore him. Today was just anonther example of why I love this man.

Sunday night is usually pizza night. Having a few extra weekend days up our sleeve we moved things around a little. Lachie takes full control of this night. He makes the dough, creates his own pizza sauce and selects delicious toppings to boot. He also gets Finn and Harper involved. Today I am surprised that any of these photos are in focus as I was laughing so much as I was taking them. As Lachie was kneading the dough he was pressing it over the kids’ hands and they thought it was hysterical ! They were captivated and fully engaged in the cooking experience. Lachie has that effect on the kids. He makes things physical, tailors activities to their level and always, always brings the fun factor. Afternoons can be a little hairy in our house, but this afternoon ran smoothly and was such a pleasure. Oh and the pizzas were delicious.
a few outtakes from today.....
{Harper bouncing up and down as her Dad pounded the dough}

{the finished product. delicious.}

{carefully pulling off the stringy cheese}


3 comments:

  1. That pizza looks delicious! It is so lovely to read about wonderful fathers! They ought to have their praises sung! Go Daddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMM!

    Amber - you and Lachie are such wonderful parents. Moments like these are what the kids will remember, not the hairy afternoons or the tantrums. I mean, look at the delight in their faces, pure love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starving now after seeing this post ;). The pizza looks incredible...

    ReplyDelete