Saturday 24 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day eighty four



My firm preference is to stay behind the camera, not be in front of it. It’s always been this way. Lately though, and prompted by a beautiful post by my equally beautiful friend Andrea, I have pondering what this means for our family’s documented life. What will Finn & Harper think when they look back on all of these photos? Sure I was there but so far there’s not much evidence that I was a part of these moments.

Stepping in front of the camera isn’t going to be easy for me, but I will give it a try.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture...so natural and sweet. You are right thou...I think all the mums/dads need to get infront of the lens every now and then...we do exsist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about this the other day, and said to Mr H - Will Avie even remember me since theres prob three photos of me and her? I love this, the sharing of such a beautiful and personal moment. {And its not a typical cheesy kid and parent both trying to smile at the camera!} just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice from Andrea! I think it makes your 'documenting delight' that much more special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see you with your girl - YES we Mamas need to be seen more and remembered more... after all, we will be the centre of so many of their childhood memories, so makes me sad to think we are absent from all the photos! gorgeous shot and so glad you are part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful.

    This is an image Harper will treasure forever xx

    ReplyDelete