Sunday 4 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day sixty four


 
Finn James I like the way your mind works. You have always been a boy of order and logic but over the past six months this wacky, creative side has burst from you. You run out of the playroom into the kitchen shouting "Mum! Where's the emergency? I have my ladder (clutching an imaginary ladder under your arm) and my hose (dangling a ribbon you found from your other hand) ready to go!" I usually scramble to keep up the ideas to maintain your imaginary play, as you like to keep things fast paced and don't allow any inconsistencies in your scenarios ("Mum, I can't put out a fire at that skyscraper. I didn't bring my super long ladder with me.") You prefer to have physical items to add a touch of realism to your play, a hat, a tool box or a shopping bag. Lately you have been creating your own props when you can't find something that fits the scene. This fortnight you made these ear muffs come headphones. Wacky yes, adorable too.

1 comment:

  1. He is SO creative!!! 4 looks like it is going to be such a fun age for Finn and you!!

    Hannah's play is very realistic as well, no fairies around here

    ReplyDelete