Thursday 8 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day sixty eight


A phone conversation between Finn and his much loved Nana happened today.  Like a real conversation, not the sort where you are re-laying the information/questions to your child and interpreting back to the caller. They were chatting, Finn was asking questions “Nana, what can you see outside?”, laughing at her jokes and telling her about his day. It is moments like these that I realise my children are their own people, sharing their thoughts and feelings with others, completely independent of me. It’s a good feeling, a slow process of letting go over time and trusting them participate in the world, make decisions and define themselves. Sure it would be nice for Finn & Harper remain my babies forever, but that’s not really going to be healthy for anyone. As the days go by in this project they are both showing me that they are ready to grow, to change and be individuals. I see it in their photos. I hear it in their words. Today I saw it in action.

1 comment:

  1. Your boys is just GORGEOUS! Love the expressions on his face as he chats away. my4boysandme

    ReplyDelete