Tuesday 6 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day sixty six


Today we caught up with my dear friend Kate from  Living, Loving, Laughing and her two lovely children, Lily & Eli. Meeting up with Kate is always highly anticipated by Finn & Harper, and of coarse myself. This morning when I told Harper that we were going to go to Lily & Eli’s house for a play she immediately replied “Eli. He, funny.” {followed by: giggle, giggle, giggle}. They have the sweetest connection with each other. They don’t need many words to show their mutual love, often just standing face to face with each other and laughing away is enough for them. Lily and Finn are long time friends, they were even pre-natal buddies as Kate & I first meet at Pregnancy yoga 4+ years ago.  They are similar in nature and play in harmony. I secretly hope they will stay friends forever. And my lovely friend Kate, she is all that her blog projects and more; supportive, kind, engaging, thoughtful and giving. I feel blessed that I have friends that enrich my life in so many ways and Kate is no exception. You get the picture, I dig the gal and I’m happy she is part of my life and my children’s lives.
{Pear, dried apple & oat muffins for morning tea. Just ignore the burnt bits. Baked in these 'transport' liners. Finn thinks anything tastes better when placed in these cases}


{Harper & Lily, busy in the kitchen}


{It's always a treat to play with someone else's toys}

{Eli and his famous curls. They bounce when he walks. How cool is that?}


{Lily even created a pretend party for the kids to attend. What a perfect host!}


{No pretend party is complete without a pretend cake}

Today like all playdates go, we juggled toilet training, preparing morning tea, helping our kids settle any play disputes, read stories, swept the floors (oh wait, that was just Kate) all while trying to inject a little adult conversation into our morning. Busy, but always worthwhile.

10 comments:

  1. I love your stories along with your amazing pictures!
    Looks like a rad playdate - and what gorgeous kiddies with gorgeous ringlets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie. I waver between been happy with my "stories" and thinking that I am a complete waffler ;)
      It was a lovely playdate. Always is at Kate's house :)

      Delete
  2. Jealous.

    I wanna come :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, wish I was there, looks like fun :) It's so nice having kids grow up together, they are going to appreciate that bond when they get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda! It was a fantastic morning and I do feel like my kids are really lucky to have two lovely friends in Lily and Eli :)

      Delete
  4. Aw amber thanks for 'documenting' today with your talents! Your friendship is a rich blessing and inspiration in my life and Im pretty much going to force our kids to remain friends no matter what!!! ;) Love the sweet moments you captured, it was such a fun morning - love when I get me some Amber time. Lily cant stop raving about Finn's upcoming party and how she's SO happy and excited to be going. thanks for baking too so I (in my tired haze) didnt even have to think about it. You ROCK xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate for your kind words. Ok that's the plan we will just force them to remain friends then. Done ;)
      Lily is so much like you, such a spcial butterfly.
      It was my pleasure to bring morning tea :) x

      Delete
  5. Hope you got some adult conversation in there too! But you did get some pretty sweet photos! Looks like a pretty fun playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so obvious in these photos how much the kids love each other. And Eli's curls - swoon!

    ReplyDelete