Thursday 29 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day eighty nine



Today was another back to back tantrum day. At 4.53pm when Harper pointed to the sink and said “How bout we fill it up, like a beach?” I could have easily said no. I said yes because ending the day with a soaked toddler and a few puddles on the floor wasn’t going to trump anything that had occurred before then. I said yes and it gave me 20 minutes to prepare dinner. 20 minutes of giggling and splashing, over throwing herself on the ground in hysterical tears.
I am glad I said yes.

{Quiet Harper}
{Oh so loud Harper}

4 comments:

  1. Harper you look cute in both your quiet self and your loud mood. We were having one of those days too and it was still continuing up until about an hour ago! Anyhoo.... hope you have a good Friday. Happy belated birthday to Mr Finn! Enjoy your 4th Birthday and eat lots of cake!. P.S. - Amber I am so glad you soldiered on and I got another chance to comment on your beautiful post. my4boysandme

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea Harper had, and wtg on just going w it! Whats a bit of water in the scheme of things, especially fun for her and a break for dinner making for you! Looks so fun :) That quiet photo - wow, so angelic. Press on Mama, you are doing GOOD xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of black and white - it suits the activity so perfectly! She looks so happy in the first pic. I'm with you mama - a few splashes and puddles is a small price to pay for a happy baby - especially after a trying day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that photo of Harper on the sink. The happiness on her face is infectious.
    Leah x

    ReplyDelete