Saturday 17 March 2012

Toddler play {photo jigsaw puzzles}

Pinterest you have been my saviour this year. Yes you have also been the root of my time-wasting but I am willing to forgive you on this one for all the glorious ideas you have bought forward. With two kids under 4 who do not nap in the day I’ve got a lot of hours to fill in the day. A lot. Pinterest is my go to guide when I need a simple, play-based activities to engage Finn and Harper.


 
When I first joined Pinterest I was madly pinning all these far out creative ideas, awe-struck by how brilliant they were. After a great deal of time had been sucked from my life on this site, I made the decision to discipline my pins and focus on ideas that were actually achievable in this one income family of ours. It was a wise decision, if I do say so myself. Take this one that I pinned away months ago, a photo jigsaw. It’s inexpensive, easy to make, educational and fun. Ticking a lot of boxes right there.


Finn has never been too keen on puzzles so I was hoping this idea would draw him in. What kid doesn’t like looking at photos of themselves? I was right. I didn’t tell him what the picture was of and this really threw him. I don’t think he recognised it was a photo of himself until he had pieced together about 5 of the paddle pop sticks. Once he figured it out he exclaimed “It’s me as a baby!” It wasn’t, it was a photo of Finn taken about 7 months ago. Toddlers and time, they really don’t go together do they?





{Stored in zip-lock bags to be used another time}


Harper worked it out pretty easily. She’s more the puzzle lovin’ type.

So there you go a handful of personalised puzzles for well under $3.

4 comments:

  1. You're totally awesome.

    I love your little tutorial posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea, love it! Good old Pinterest : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. I love this idea and I hear you with the 2 under 4. Try 3 under 4 ;) i thin i will definitely be doing this activity. my4boysandme

    ReplyDelete
  4. The voltage potential difference we can measure, corresponds to the charge of one moile of electrons:
    96485 Coulombs per mol If we allow, for example, lime dissolution, slack formation, these will necessarily corrosion
    specialties recover heat. In the electrolysis cell, the reduction runs voluntarily - the cathode is Copper.
    Bothh corrosion specialties processes take place at the
    anode: In an electrolytic cell, the anode is the negative terminal of the
    powrr supply to it. So, in a high consumption of steel is an index of the wealthiness of nation.


    My web-site - srodki chemiczne

    ReplyDelete