Wednesday 7 March 2012

Documenting Delight: Day sixty seven {op-shop book finds}


We are big book lovers around here. Being an early childhood teacher Finn & Harper’s children’s book collection was already in motion before they were even born. Even though they have mountains of books I still can’t help myself from adding to their collection. This image courtesy of pinterest sums up my obsession:



 I figure that a child can never have too many books but maybe I take it a bit too far sometimes? No, never.

My clever sister in law introduced me to the book lovers paradise that is the local op-shop. Thanks to this discovery our monthly book buying expenses have been reduced a little. Before Harper’s dance class on Wednesdays we duck into our local Vinnies and search for new book treasures. Harper has become quite the op-shop expert, tossing aside damaged books and hunting out titles that will suit Finn “Look! Bim Bim loves trucks! He will like-ed this one.”


{Today's finds}

Today we picked up five books for $2.50. Can’t complain about that.  

4 comments:

  1. Heck yeah! Gotta love op-shopping! I have a craving to go at the moment, just got to muster up the energy to take my two kids as well. Blake is a bit of an 'explorer'.... But Hannah is an old pro, like Harper, she loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for opshopping and book finds - sweet!! great shot of Finn intently looking through. what a fun way to fill the gap between playschool and dance class - will have to try similar as much easier to browse w only 1 kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate :)
      Yes I feel very fortunate that Harper's dance class is in Phillip so we can go op-shopping or browse in a few other shops before her class starts. Harper seems to enjoy this part to her morning with mummy too :)

      Delete